Bombay dating clubs
The Wilsonian, the annual magazine publication of Wilson College, was first printed and published from Poona (now Pune) by the Scottish Mission Industries Co. on behalf of the Wilson College Literary Society with the first issue appearing in 1909. The Wilsonian was published twice a year from 1909 until 1944, when it was decided to publish it only once a year.
The Wilsonian has been an annual publication ever since.
Nine years later, Mackichan became principal and held the position until 1920, becoming one of the most distinguished principals of the college.
Mackichan, who taught physics and was instrumental for setting up the college’s physics laboratory, was a distinguished physicist in his own right and had formerly worked with British scientist Lord Kelvin.
The Wilson College was founded by the Indian missionary Rev. Beginning as Ambroli English School in Girgaum, Mumbai, it later saw several changes of sites and names, eventually being called the Wilson School.
The collegiate section, from which Wilson College evolved, came about in 1836.
The Postal Department, Government of India honored its founder and the institution by issuing a Special Day Postal Cover in 2004.
The library with its teakwood mezzanines and catwalks is one of the best-maintained areas in the college.Many original teakwood doors and windows still exist in the College.